Monday, March 31, 2014

Monthly Cleaning Challenge: Change Magic's Litter

This month it's all about getting cleaning!  I know, so exciting.  Haha.  The first step was to create a list of the things I want to accomplish.  The next step is to accomplish them!  Here's the list of the things I have already accomplished:



For this post I took on the task: Change Magic's Litter

We use scoopable litter for Magic's litter box.  It's wonderful that we can keep his box clean and not have to buy new litter all the time.  Typically I try to scoop out his litter box every day (or every other day if I forget).  It keeps him happy and keeps me happy :)  But just because we can scoop the litter that doesn't mean we can keep using the same litter forever.  So, once a month, we throw the litter away and replace it with fresh new litter!


This month we are using Tidy Cats.  Why?  It was on sale.  This household is loyal to whatever brand happens to be the cheapest when we need to buy new litter.  Magic isn't picky (thank goodness!) and neither are we.  But I will say we are loyal to Jonny Cat Heavy Duty bags.  Magic has a big litter box and these bags fit.  They are also sturdy and don't break when we swap out the litter.  Occasionally Magic get's a little aggressive with covering up his stuff and he has ripped some holes in the bag.  But that doesn't happen often and it's worse with other bags.  So these win!

As I said, we typically scoop out his litter box each night which usually means grabbing one of these babies!


We grabbed these at the dollar store and I love them.  They're cute and perfect for the job they fill.  But this time that wasn't needed.  I'm going to spare you all the pictures from before and after.  Because, let's be honest, litter is pretty gross.  Especially used litter.  So I'm avoiding that all together and giving you my "artistic" angle which prevents you from seeing inside the litter box.



His litter box (or man cave as we call it) is on the patio.  We keep an empty bucket which used to hold Publix's brand of scoopable litter next to it.  I stick the filled zebra bags in it when I clean up his litter box each night and then they all get tossed in the dumpster at the end of the week.

Well, we have reached the end of March.  And I didn't accomplish everything that I had intended to.  But that's okay!  The rest of the items will just need to be completed in February.  Along with other tasks that I may decided need to be accomplished.  Or things that need to be accomplished again because, even though we don't want them to, things get dirty again after you clean them.  I'm proud of what I was able to accomplish and I hope you are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :D It makes me so happy to read all of the comments! I do moderate the comments so if your comment doesn't show up right away just check back later!