Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Monthly Cleaning Challenge: Wipe Down Cabinets/Appliances

This month it's all about getting cleaning!  I know, so exciting.  Haha.  The first step was to create a list of the things I want to accomplish.  The next step is to accomplish them!  Here's the list of the things I have already accomplished:


For this post I took on the task: Wipe Down Cabinets/Appliances

Luckily our cabinets and appliances don't show much dirt.  Though that could be a bad thing since it leads to them getting cleaned much less often than they probably should.  This is the first time I've wiped down the cabinet doors since we moved in almost a year ago.  And the appliances haven't been wiped down much more often.  

I'll let you take a look at the cabinet that showed the most dirt.  The cabinet to the right of our stove/oven.


See what I mean?  Doesn't seem so dirty.  But that spot right at the corner of the stove hood you can see that something got splashed on it.  And I'll let you know it's something sticky.  Gross.  Time to arm myself with some cleaning supplies!


Are you sick of pictures of my all purpose cleaner and a microfiber rag yet?  Haha.

I sprayed down the fronts of all the cabinets and ran over them with the microfiber rag.  Then I did the same for the appliances (oven, microwave, toaster oven).  And even though I couldn't really tell they were dirty, looking at the rag afterwards I realized they were dirtier than I thought.  I'll spare you that picture.  But I will show you a nice pretty picture of a cleaner cabinet and microwave:


No more sticky stuff!  Hurray!


Why hello there!  Yup, that's me holding the rag in the reflection on the microwave.

Everything is feeling so clean and I love it!


So let's see how many more things I plan to accomplish:
1. cycle clean appliances
2. clean out car
3. wipe down trim/doors
4. clean out one drawer
5. vacuum furniture
6. clean oven
7. change magic's litter
8. change air filter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :D It makes me so happy to read all of the comments! I do moderate the comments so if your comment doesn't show up right away just check back later!