Monday, March 24, 2014

Monthly Cleaning Challenge: Wash Garbage Can

This month it's all about getting cleaning!  I know, so exciting.  Haha.  The first step was to create a list of the things I want to accomplish.  The next step is to accomplish them!  Here's the list of the things I have already accomplished:


For this post I took on the task: Wash Garbage Can

I think we all know how gross and grimy a garbage can gets.  With garbage constantly going in and out, the garbage can must not be neglected when it comes time to clean up.  So today I made sure to give my garbage can a good clean :)

First step: fill the bottom of the can with some soapy water.  Next: take this baby outside!  Since I was scrubbing down the inside and outside of the garbage can I decided to complete this outside so any dirty water splashing wouldn't end up on my kitchen floor.



I grabbed two cleaning rags for this process.



One I used with the soapy water to scrub down the garbage can.  And the other dry one I used to wipe it down once I was finished.

Make sure you don't forget about the lid!  That needs to get a good cleaning as well.




Once the can received a good scrubbing, it returned to its spot in the kitchen!


So much better!  All clean and smelling fresh :)


So let's see how many more things I plan to accomplish:
1. cycle clean appliances
2. clean out car
3. wipe down cabinets/appliances
4. wipe down trim/doors
5. clean out one drawer
6. vacuum furniture
7. clean oven
8. wash windows
9. change magic's litter
10. change air filter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :D It makes me so happy to read all of the comments! I do moderate the comments so if your comment doesn't show up right away just check back later!