Monday, March 24, 2014

Monthly Cleaning Challenge: Wash Bath Rugs

This month it's all about getting cleaning!  I know, so exciting.  Haha.  The first step was to create a list of the things I want to accomplish.  The next step is to accomplish them!  Here's the list of the things I have already accomplished:


For this post I took on the task: Wash Bath Rugs

Every time either my roommate or I takes a shower, our lovely little bath rug gets used!  And with how often that is, it gets a lot of action and collects a lot of dirt.  So it definitely needs to be washed regularly.  However, what keeps bugging me about our bath (and toilet) rug is that even after it takes a cycle through the washing machine, it still looks dirty.  Let me show you what I mean:


Yup.  This is a "clean" bath rug.  And here's a "clean" toilet rug.


Am I the only one who thinks that's gross?  All those flecks of I don't even know what.  So in addition to getting washed, I decided these babies needed a date with my vacuum!  Cue the hand-dandy brush attachment:


I had to really scrub with the brushing tool in order to get all that fuzz and such off the rugs.  To do both rugs took about 5 minutes.  So basically no time at all!  And the result was amazing!



They look sooo much nicer!  And fluffier :D  And I am much happier!


So let's see how many more things I plan to accomplish:
1. cycle clean appliances
2. clean out car
3. wipe down cabinets/appliances
4. wipe down trim/doors
5. clean out one drawer
6. vacuum furniture
7. clean oven
8. wash garbage can
9. wash windows
10. change magic's litter
11. change air filter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :D It makes me so happy to read all of the comments! I do moderate the comments so if your comment doesn't show up right away just check back later!