Thursday, March 20, 2014

Monthly Cleaning Challenge: Vacuum Mattress

This month it's all about getting cleaning!  I know, so exciting.  Haha.  The first step was to create a list of the things I want to accomplish.  The next step is to accomplish them!  Here's the list of the things I have already accomplished:


For this post I took on the task: Vacuum Mattress.

I don't typically think about cleaning my bed other than washing all the linens and the comforter.  But after recently reading about how much a person sweats at night, and how much dead skin a mattress can accumulate, I needed to reevaluate.  And my reevaluation now includes vacuuming the mattress.  

So I grabbed my handy dandy vacuum, attached the brush tool, and got to work.  I stripped the bed of everything!  The linens went into the washing machine (I even washed the mattress liner), and the mattress pad and mattress got a good vacuuming!



Easy peasy!  It took less than 10 minutes to do the vacuuming.  And now I feel much better!

Then everything was returned to the bed :)


That wrinkle on the edge of the bed was Magic who jumped out of the picture right before I took it.  And, of course, I didn't think to smooth that out.  Haha.



So let's see how many more things I plan to accomplish:
1. cycle clean appliances
2. clean out car
3. wipe down cabinets/appliances
4. wipe down trim/doors
5. clean out one drawer
6. vacuum furniture
7. clean oven
8. wash garbage can
9. wash windows
10. wash bath rugs
11. change magic's litter
12. change air filter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :D It makes me so happy to read all of the comments! I do moderate the comments so if your comment doesn't show up right away just check back later!