Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Styrofoam Cork Boards

I've been doing a little more to tidy/spruce up my new office space as the costume designer at the university and am so happy with it :)  I'm not going crazy with projects and spending lots of money on it, I just want to add small touches to make it more welcoming (and functional!)  The first project I shared was the file cabinet update.  That was purely an aesthetic project.  This project is both cute and functional!

I knew I wanted a space to post design inspiration as I research and read through the plays for this season.  But cork boards can get expensive and the less expensive ones are small and unattractive.  So I decided to use styrofoam boards like I did in our laundry room makeover!  I picked up four square ones at Dollar Tree.  And to decorate them I picked up a roll of light blue wrapping paper and grabbed the floral wrapping paper I had on hand.  Remember the spice drawer makeover?

I just wrapped the styrofoam bards in the wrapping paper and hung them up on the wall!


So cute!  And perfect for what I wanted :)  I picked up cute thumb tacks from Dollar Tree as well and am all set!  I can tack any inspiration that I find.  From pictures to fabric swatches to bags of buttons!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :D It makes me so happy to read all of the comments! I do moderate the comments so if your comment doesn't show up right away just check back later!