Monday, August 26, 2013

Zombie Survival Kit

So I don't know how many of you have seen the zombie survival kits on Pinterest but I've seen them a few times and knew I had to make one myself.  And what better occasion to make one than for a birthday!!  Yup!  I made a zombie survival kit birthday present :)

The first thing I needed to do was grab a bunch of candy (plus a few other supplies).
Supplies List:
* Red Hots cinnamon mints
* Marvel Avengers Taffy
* Certs classic mints
* A bar of caramel filled chocolate (I don't remember the brand)
* Skittles riddles
* Whistle Candy
* Cry Baby Sour Mini Drinks
* Gumballs
* Wooden box for the gumballs
* Toy gun
* Plastic container

Here are some pictures of all of my supplies:



And now came the fun part!  Creating different labels to transform this pile of ordinary candy in to the perfect zombie survival kit!  First up came the Red Hots.  I created labels to fit over the top and made them a set of first aid pills.  Definitely a necessary item during the zombie apocalypse.  Notice the bite marks in the corners?  How perfect!


Next came the taffy.  They were similar in shape to a protein bar (though definitely not as thick) so they quickly became Emergency Energy Bars!  I love the logo I was able to find for them.


The Certs mints?  What better way to label those than as Water Purification Tablets!  Under the stress of a zombie attack you can't be picky about where you get your water, but you need to make sure it's safe to drink.  So your kit should definitely include these!  Loving the logo for these too :)


And what about a walkie talkie for communication?  No worries!  Our caramel filled chocolate bar was the perfect candidate!  I just printed out a picture of a walkie talkie :)


Of course there will be many cuts, scrapes, burns, etc during any zombie apocalypse so having a first aid kit on hand is definitely to your advantage.  So why not transform the box of skittles!


In a pinch and need to send out a distress signal?  Have no fear!  Whistle Candies are here!


And even though you may have your supply of water purification tablets on hand, sometimes there is just no water to be found.  So you cannot be caught without your emergency water supply!  Transform those Cry Baby Sour Mini Drinks into a portable supply of water.


And of course no zombie apocalypse is complete without a lot of shooting.  Which means a lot of bullets.  I emptied the gumballs into this little wooden box and labeled it for bullets (I got so lucky with the logos I was able to find!)


Assemble it all together in the plastic container and you're all set!


Oops!  Can't forget the gun!


I created all of the labels for this kit in Numbers (the Mac version of Excel).  Just measure the dimensions of your candy and make a rectangle to fit.  I designed my labels to fit just the top of the candies rather than making sleeves to stick them in, but you can create your labels either way.  If you ever create your own I'd love to see pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :D It makes me so happy to read all of the comments! I do moderate the comments so if your comment doesn't show up right away just check back later!