Thursday, August 15, 2013

Toilet Roll Binoculars!

Summer is coming to an end!  And for some families summer has already come and gone.  But that doesn't mean that fun kids crafts need to head out the window also!  Whether you are in your last days of summer or first weeks back to school, here's another great, inexpensive kids craft your kids will love :)  I know that A. and O. did!  We transformed a few saved up toilet paper rolls into the perfect explorer binoculars :)

The day before heading to their house to nanny I got all of the materials together.  I saved up four toilet paper rolls (2 for each set of binoculars).  I decided to pre cut strips of paper to wrap around each roll because I don't trust the little trouble maker O. with scissors!  Haha.  But the kids could definitely cut this part out themselves which would make prep time even shorter!  Then I just grabbed some twine, glue, and a pack of crayons and was ready to roll!  Haha, get it, like toilet paper roll....  Just me?  Yea okay...

So they got to work coloring (which went a lot faster for O. than for A. as you can tell!)


O. ended up having me write numbers on his since he didn't want to.


So many crayons and supplies everywhere!!  I used some scissors to poke holes in the sides of binoculars once we glued the decorated paper in place.  Then used more glue to attach the rolls together.


Then I threaded the twin through the holes and knotted them so they would stay in place.  The kids loved them!  And they turned out pretty cute :)  And once the craft was finished they went outside and explored everything with their new binoculars!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :D It makes me so happy to read all of the comments! I do moderate the comments so if your comment doesn't show up right away just check back later!