Friday, June 21, 2013

Stepping into Design

I've discovered just how problematic not having Internet at my apartment is.  Makes it a little difficult to find wifi and time to write when life gets hectic.  So that's the explanation as to why I've been MIA for 8 days.

Anyway!  Exciting news :D  I've decided to try my hand at designing knitting patterns!!  I'm really excited.  I really love the idea of designing clothes but am not so confident in my abilities yet..  So I've decided to do that on a smaller scale and design clothes for American Girl Dolls (or any 18" dolls)!  I thought the perfect thing to start off with is a collection of Disney character costumes.  Starting with my favorite non-princess: Alice!  It's going great so far.  I've picked out a lovely cotton yarn from Hobby Lobby's line of "I Love This Cotton"

My progress thus far :D  My plan is to get this finished within the next couple of days, send the pattern out to test knitters, and then start working on the next one!  Then this pattern should be available in a few weeks once the test knitters are finished.  Any preferences as to who my next one should be?  Personally I'm leaning towards Cinderella but I'm definitely up for suggestions!

1 comment:

  1. Cinderella!

    P.S. Just saw your blog and I'm excited to see all of your new crafts! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :D It makes me so happy to read all of the comments! I do moderate the comments so if your comment doesn't show up right away just check back later!