Wednesday, January 22, 2014

52 Books in 2014: 3/52

3/52 Books
I'm proud of myself for staying on track so far!  Three books in three weeks :D

I've been reading The Tudor Court Novels which is a book series written by Philippa Gregory about the Tudor Court.  You know, Henry XIII with his 6 different wives - that time period.  So this week was the third book of the series - The Boleyn Inheritance.  And it was another fantastic book!  I love Philippa Gregory's writing style.

This book is written from the perspective of three different women in King Henry XIII's court.  Gregory splits each chapter into a perspective from one of them.  The three women being Anne of Cleves (Henry's fourth wife), Katherine Howard (Henry's fifth wife), and Lady Jane Rochford (George Boleyn's widow).  Sometimes I found myself getting confused when I would start a new chapter, thinking I was continuing with the same woman.  But I just had to remind myself to read the title at the start of the chapter which told me which woman I was reading about.

Now I'm on to the next book of the series!

The Queen's Fool by Philippa Gregory


 Here are the books I've read so far this year:

The Constant Princess
by Philippa Gregory
The Other Boleyn Girl
by Philippa Gregory
The Boleyn Inheritance
by Philippa Gregory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :D It makes me so happy to read all of the comments! I do moderate the comments so if your comment doesn't show up right away just check back later!