Wednesday, January 8, 2014

52 Books in 2014: 1/52

1/52 books
I have completed my first book of the year!  Even though it's only been one week and one book, I am still proud of myself.  Celebrate the little things!  Another thing I want to try this year.  Find little things you do each day to be proud of.  And this is definitely one of them - for me at least.

If you read my last post you'll know my first book of the year was The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory.  This was my second time reading it and I was just as pleased and moved as the first time I read it.  I would be a liar if I said I didn't cry more than once during this book.  Philippa Gregory does a fantastic job of keeping the story interesting and involving on every page.  I would absolutely recommend it if you are looking for a great book!  The Constant Princess is a wonderful historical fiction novel and an amazing portrayal of Katherine of Aragon, Queen of England.

Since this book is the first of six books in Philippa Gregory's series The Tudor Court Novels, my next book of the year will be the next in the series:

The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory

This will be another second time read for me.  Which I normally don't do, but I wanted to finish the series and since it's been a while since I read the first three books, I wanted to start fresh from the beginning.

I will try and keep a list of the books I've read at the end of each of these types of posts.  So the list so far:
The Constant Princess
by Philippa Gregory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :D It makes me so happy to read all of the comments! I do moderate the comments so if your comment doesn't show up right away just check back later!