Wednesday, January 15, 2014

52 Books in 2014: 2/52

2/52 Books
So I took an extra day on this one, but I have completed two books so far this year :)  The plan was to finish reading it yesterday but I got a little behind and finished it up today.

Last week I read The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory.  So this past week was on to the second book of the series: The Other Boleyn Girl.  Another fantastic book!  I've been reading some reviews on it and a lot of people have trouble with the historical inaccuracies in the book.  Well, it is historical fiction.  It is not meant to be a biography.  And the book itself is wonderfully written!  Definitely kept me interested all the way through - and this was my second time reading it.  I think the only big historical difference that I wish hadn't been changed is the birth order of the Boleyn sisters.  Historians believe Anne was actually Mary's younger sister rather than her older sister.  Why Gregory chose to make Mary the younger sibling I'm not sure.  But hey, it's fiction.  And a great book!  Highly recommend it.

So now it is on to the next book in the series:

The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory

Here are the books I've read so far this year:
The Constant Princess
by Philippa Gregory
The Other Boleyn Girl
by Philippa Gregory


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :D It makes me so happy to read all of the comments! I do moderate the comments so if your comment doesn't show up right away just check back later!