Monday, January 19, 2015

KAL Disney Blanket - Yarn for Square 1

It's Monday everyone!  And for those of you joining in (or just following) the Knit-A-Long Disney Blanket you know that today you'll get a peek at the yarn for the upcoming square.  Hurray!  For those of you saying, "Wait!  I have no idea what you're talking about..." you can check out the introductory post to learn all about it.

One thing I didn't mention in the introductory post is that there will be three different charts per square.  I've categorized these charts as easy, medium, and hard.  This gives knitters of all skill levels the opportunity to join in on the fun!  Then some of the characters have a bonus "costume" category.  As an example: for the princesses I used the easy skill level and took out the skin tone so you are left with a costume for that character.  Note: Not all of the characters will have this bonus category.

So what yarn will you need for the first square?  Well that depends on the skill level you choose!

Easy
- Teal
- Skin tone
- Orange
- Light Blue

Medium
- Teal
- Skin tone
- Orange
- Gold/yellow
- Light Blue

Hard
- Teal
- Skin tone
- Orange
- Gold/yellow
- Brown
- Black
- Light Blue

Costume
- Teal
- Orange
- Light Blue


Did you notice that this character has the bonus "costume" category?

I've decided to work the "hard" chart for this character.  So I went stash-diving with my list of colors and here's what I came up with:


- Teal: Hobby Lobby's "I Love This Yarn" in Antique Teal
- Skin tone: Caron "Simply Soft" in Bone
- Orange: Hobby Lobby's "I Love This Yarn" in Orange
- Gold/yellow: Red Heart "Super Saver" in yellow
- Brown: Hobby Lobby's "I Love This Yarn" in Brown
- Black: Hobby Lobby's "I Love This Yarn" in Black
- Background color (Light Blue): Bernat "Handicrafter Cotton Holidays" in Blue Icicle

Since it's a de-stash I know the yarn varies slightly in weight but that's okay with me.  Feel free to use yarn you have on hand!  It's okay to mix and match as long as you keep things generally the same weight (you do not want to be using a fingering weight and a worsted weight for the same square!)


Any guesses for what the first square is?  I'll even let you know if your answer is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :D It makes me so happy to read all of the comments! I do moderate the comments so if your comment doesn't show up right away just check back later!