Thursday, January 1, 2015

A Month of Crafts - December

With everyone excited about the fresh start and possibilities for the new year I think it's time to wrap up December! Time to take a look at what I accomplished in December.


I finished the Zam Hat I was working on in November.  I was running out of gray yarn and had to finish it off much quicker than the pattern called for!  But the hat still fits nice as a beanie and I'm very pleased with the way it turned out.


I found the Fisher Cable Hat on Ravelry and decided to turn it into a Purdue Stats Hat project!  It was a Christmas present for my brother who just finished up his first semester at Purdue University.  This hat reflects the games from this past football season for Purdue.  Each color stripe (3 rows) represents one game: Gold = home loss, black = home win, gray = away loss, cream = away win.  We both love it!


Antiquity
My first pair of fingerless mitts.  I never thought I'd make a pair because I never really understood their function.  But after discussing the pros of fingerless mitts with some people on Ravelry I decided to give them a go.  They were a fun and quick knit and I'm so glad I decided to make them.  I have plans to make more fingerless mitts in the future.




I have two projects that I'm still working on as gifts so I can't share those with you yet.  But I can share the other WIP.

Yup, still working on these.  My original plan was to get a few of these pairs done and give them as Christmas gifts but it just didn't work out that way.  So I'm still working on the first pair I cast on.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :D It makes me so happy to read all of the comments! I do moderate the comments so if your comment doesn't show up right away just check back later!