Monday, July 22, 2013

My Menu Board

Good morning everyone!  Hope you all had a fantastic weekend :)  I spent mine crafting (of course) and babysitting and really enjoyed myself.  And, of course, I spent time working on my next DIY Home Improvement project :)  So what's today's project?  My dinner menu board!


I looked at a lot of menu boards on Pinterest and took ideas from all of them to create exactly what I wanted!  And I had most of the supplies on hand :)  A little while ago my mom sent me a manilla envelope with different papers and such inside.  To keep them from bending she put a piece of cardboard in along with them.  This was perfect for the base of my menu board!  I knew I was going to use clothespins so I didn't need anything magnetic for the base.

I then went to my supply of scrapbook paper (which is really just craft paper for me since I don't scrapbook) to find something that matched the feel of the kitchen.  The colors and flower pattern on this paper was perfect!  Next was to attach the clothespins.


I had these clothespins on hand as well!  Guess where I bought them?  Yup!  Dollar Tree ;)  I super glued the clothespins to the board and found another piece of scrapbook paper to mark the days of the week.  The clothespins are perfect and easy for clipping in dinner options for every night.  Then I needed slips of paper to write the dinner options on.  Well that was the one thing I did not have on hand :/  While I had scrapbook paper that would work I wanted something thicker so it wouldn't flop on the clothespins and would last longer.  Which I meant I needed to go out and buy some card stock.  So I found the perfect color pack of card stock at Walmart for $5.00 :)  I have them color coded so my roommate and I can try to keep a variety of foods for dinner each week rather than having all the same color up on the board.

Blue: Pastabilities (all pasta dishes)
Green: Food in hand (burgers, sandwiches, etc)
Yellow: Meet Dishes
Aqua: Easy Peasy! (dinner out, take out, etc)

That's what I have for now but I still have plenty of card stock so I can add more categories if I need to.

But that's not all!  I need a place to store all of the dinner cards we aren't using each week.


So I made a pocket to store them all :)  My roommate had just made pudding and the box it came in was the perfect size!  So I grabbed another sheet of scrapbook paper, covered the box, and glued it to the menu board.  Easy and perfect :)

I added the Menu title on another piece of scrapbook paper and added stickers that I already had on hand.  I stuck command strips to the back and stuck it to the fridge :)  I love the way it turned out and am really excited to start using it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :D It makes me so happy to read all of the comments! I do moderate the comments so if your comment doesn't show up right away just check back later!