Thursday, April 23, 2015

Personalize Your Planner - Weekly View

On Tuesday I shared my blog post on personalizing the monthly view of your planner.  Now I'm excited to share this post on how to personalize the weekly view!  Grab your supplies and personalize along with me!

I've already decorated a few weeks in my planner so I flipped to my first blank layout.  Here's what we're starting with:


To decorate this page I'll be using scrapbook paper, washi tape, and stickers.  But feel free to use whatever you have on hand!  I found the washi tape sticker sheet and stickers at Dollar Tree.  I'm a sucker for both and the Dollar Tree near me usually has a neat selection.


Bonus!  The washi tape pack comes with two sheets!


I picked one of the washi tape patterns to use as a boarder between the boxes and the lines at the bottom.  Since I don't really use the lines at the moment I don't mind cover a few of them up.  But if you use them you can choose a thinner washi.


Next up: scrapbook paper!  Remember the Mambi Scrapbook Kit I used for the monthly view?  I grabbed a sheet of paper from there!  I cut a piece that would fit as a border between the boxes and the "weekly goals & notes" section on the side.  I'm all about borders!  They add a touch of flair without getting in the way of valuable space.


My border covered up a little of the month at a glance on the side.  So I decided to grab a square sticker to cover it up!  Look familiar?  These stickers are also from the Mambi kit!



Take a look at your work so far!  It's already looking great!


I don't know about you guys but I don't use the "morning, day, and night" sections of my Erin Condren planner.  It just doesn't fit my lifestyle at the moment.  I also don't like the idea of leaving them there but ignoring them.  So time to cover them up!  I bought a pack of Avery all purpose labels from Walmart.  It cost me less than $2 and it has 525 labels!


Now I could just stick them over the titles and call it a day.  But that would be boring!  So I decided to line the edges in pink to make them more decorative.  I just grabbed a marker and lined the edges.  It's a little time consuming but, in my opinion, totally worth it.



Can't forget about the stickers!  Just place them randomly around the pages.  Make sure you aren't covering up the space you'll be using.  I like to put them at the corners and edges of the boxes.  Covering them up a little is fine but I don't want to cover them entirely.  And that's it!  Take a look at your finished layout!


Don't have an Erin Condren planner yet?  You need to get one!  When you sign up as a new customer you'll receive a coupon fro $10 off your first purchase.  Head over to the website and sign up now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :D It makes me so happy to read all of the comments! I do moderate the comments so if your comment doesn't show up right away just check back later!