Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Personalize Your planner - Monthly View

Last week I showed you guys my Erin Condren Life Planner!  Some of you were curious as to how I decorated and personalized my planner so I decided to do a tutorial.  So grab your planner (even if it isn't Erin Condren) and let's get started! 

For this tutorial I will be decorated my monthly view for May!  April is almost over and I hadn't personalized May yet - so we better get started.  Here's what we're starting with:


It really is beautiful on it's own!  So if you want an Erin Condren planner without having to spend time decorating it this is what you'd see.  Still very lovely!  But I'm constantly crafting so why not spice up my planner too?

To get started I grabbed my supplies!  I like to use scrapbook paper, washi tape, and stickers but feel free to grab whatever you have on hand.



For May I'll be using this scrapbook kit I picked up a while back.  I can't remember exactly where I got it but you can find them at most craft stores.  I love these kits!  They come with scrapbook paper, stickers, and other embellishments.  As you can see I've already used some of the stickers.  I used this same kit to decorate for April.

I also dug through my washi tape stash and picked a cute polka dot pattern!  Throw in some other stickers from my stash and I was ready to go.

First step was to put in the scrapbook paper.  I used that to cover up the April dates I won't be using.  I just measured out the space I was going to cover and grabbed my paper cutter.  I used double sided tape to stick it in but you could also glue it down.


Next up: washi tape!  I used this to create a boarder between the calendar and the notes section.  Did you spot my white out mark?  I wrote something in it before I decided to decorate it and the washi tape was going to cover part of it so I just took some white out to it.


Next up: stickers!  I didn't use a lot since I didn't want to cover up valuable planning space but I really like the way the look.  So I just picked a few!


Things will look a lot neater if you stay with a certain feel and color scheme.  That's why things like the Mambi scrapbook kit are so helpful.  But they're certainly not necessary.  Use your best judgement and go with what appeals to you!  It's your planner so make it your own.

The back of the planner has stickers to mark birthdays, appointments, vacations, and more as well as having two sheets of colored blank stickers for you to fill in yourself!  I used the pink blank stickers to mark when my rent and credit card bill are due



Ready to take a look at the finished product??


Beautiful!  Next I'll go through with my different colored pens to mark everything I have going on in May!

If you haven't gotten your own Erin Condren planner I highly recommend it!  And you can get $10 off your first purchase when you sign up here!

I'd love to see pictures of your planners!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :D It makes me so happy to read all of the comments! I do moderate the comments so if your comment doesn't show up right away just check back later!