Thursday, February 5, 2015

KAL Disney Blanket - Square 3 - Aurora

It is Thursday of our first bonus week for the KAL Disney Blanket!  Which means it's time to reveal another square a day early so I can reveal another square tomorrow.  Hurray!  Have no idea what the KAL Disney Blanket is?  You can read the introductory post here and the FAQ page here.

We're on to Square #3: Aurora!  Aurora is the princess from Sleeping Beauty which was released on January 29, 1959.  Random fact about her: she has three different eye colors throughout the course of the movie - brown, blue, and purple.  All of the Disney merchandise has her sporting her purple eyes - the only princess to have a non-natural eye color.

So here was what my Aurora square looks like:



Some notes I will say about color choices:
1. I wish I had chosen a lighter pink that contrasted more with my white.  Right now it all kind of blends together.
2. I wish the same for my light purple.  Her eyes get a little lost

And here she is in chart form:

Hard Chart
Medium Chart


Easy Chart




















Costume Chart























I think she turned out great!
Ready to knit your own?  You can the pattern on Ravelry HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :D It makes me so happy to read all of the comments! I do moderate the comments so if your comment doesn't show up right away just check back later!