Monday, September 16, 2013

Makeover: Living Room Part Two

Over these past few days my roommate and I have slowly been making progress on our living room.  Of course, life gets in the way so progress is slow.  But at least it's progress!  If you want to read up and see pictures of our progress before this post go ahead and check out the first post here.  Unfortunately this post won't be full of as many pictures.  But there will be a couple :)

We decided that we would go ahead and tackle the stencil on the accent wall a little at a time.  So here it was at the very beginning:


We still had about a million to go!  But now we're nearly done with all the stencil work.  You'll be able to get a better sense of the entire wall in the coming picture.  

As you know, we were also painting our old entertainment system to transform it from the wood to something more fitting for the space.  And I left you all with a lovely image of gray and streaky primer! Well no more! 


I'm in love with it!  I love how the colors work with each other and how it works in the space!  Just love it!  The shelves are nearly finished, they just need a little touch up work before they get installed.  And I'm thinking of swapping out the hardware too.  I am so happy with piece now!!  (And you can see my roommate hard at work in the corner!)  She will probably kill me when she sees her picture on here but that's alright :P  She's part of the process too!

And in the background you can see the progress on the wall.  I'm having mixed feelings with how bold it is...  But I want to finish it up and get the space all put together to see how it looks then.  If you have any thoughts so far I'd love to hear them!

We've still got things to finish up and a few more projects up our sleeves before the space is complete.  And my mom might be coming up to visit this weekend so we've got to get them all done before then!  Let's hope we can :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :D It makes me so happy to read all of the comments! I do moderate the comments so if your comment doesn't show up right away just check back later!